Thursday, November 24, 2011

Opp. #3 - Start Business (Convention Tables)

Now, this one I've tested the water with previously.  I had a business license in Anchorage, AK and ran a vendor table at a local anime convention.  I specifically carried items that none of the other vendors had and specialized in animation production cels.  Within the first three hours of the doors opening I had already recovered the cost of the table, materials, and product.  Now I hope to duplicate that success here in the Seattle area.  Ultimately, I'd like to attend at least 3 conventions in 2012 as a vendor (including a return to Anchorage) and possibly offer a selection of items online.

My to-do list:

1) Get business license for my area.
2) Determine which conventions to attend.
3) Get business cards printed.
4) Find suppliers.
   - I have one wholesaler whom I deal with in Los Angeles.  Great place, unique items, but can only go in person.
5) Look into a store website.

No comments:

Post a Comment