Friday, November 4, 2011

Introduction

They say America is the land of opportunities yet most people don't take advantage of that.  Why not?  Going off of my own experiences, I've allowed way too many factors to affect me.  I've had mishaps, problems, set-backs, laziness, and the worst of all:  excuses.

That brings me to this blog.  No more excuses.  I plan on taking 100 opportunities out of that unlimited potential and write about them here.  Some will be small and seemingly insignificant and others may be huge pipe dreams but I'll be sharing them here as I start them and will update with progress and results no matter how big or small, happy or disappointing. 

My ultimate goal is two-fold by blogging about these opportunities:

1) To stop making excuses and start doing things I've always wanted to do, and
2) To possibly help someone out there to do the same.

I'm realistic about this.  Many things will require money to do and those may have to wait longer as funds become available.  I have a family and bills so they come first.  In "lean" times, I can work on the many other opportunities that require only my time and attention. 

I've been called a "Jack-of-all-trades" in the past and I've worked a lot of different types of jobs and my skill set is pretty wide (read: weird or eclectic) so hopefully these experiences will help me on my journey.  I also have tons of interests so many of the things I list may not have a common thread.  Many of these thing may not be of interest to some people...but hey, they're my interests.  I will, however, try to put a bit of background about why I'm attempting each opportunity.

I welcome feedback!  You don't have to agree with me in order for me to consider your feedback but I'm not going to tolerate "trolls" or anyone that just wants to chime in with such gems as "That's stupid", etc...  I don't expect to succeed in every opportunity, so nay-sayers need not apply.  I'm going to give them all a shot, and that's the whole point...to try each opportunity.

So, for those of you that might want to come along on this journey:  Welcome!

2 comments:

  1. So far, I'm on board. The mission's a valid one, and the majority of us are in that same rut. I'll be interested to see the list as it forms.

    (This is Miraclo from HCR and elsewhere, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This will be one big work in progress. I just felt a need to, kind of, put things I want to do/experience in one place. :)

    ReplyDelete